Sunrise Hotels prefer local community-based suppliers and products not harmful to the environment. We also prefer locally produced products than imported. This is done as an effort on our behalf in promoting prosperity and development in the area.
For us it is of vital importance where food comes from, therefore we try to work with suppliers who share the same values and ethical concerns.
We commit to protect and have respect for the local community and to achieve this we constantly encourage the employment of local staff as an attempt to help the community in our area of operation.
We are committed to recognize and eliminate any negative impacts which our operations may have on the local community.
When purchasing decisions are made, we principally take environmental criteria into consideration. We are very careful in the selection of the products we use with the vast majority being local and seasonally available ingredients.
We are committed not only to prefer locally produced products but to promote them as well to help local businesses.
Our efforts focus on:
- Implementing proactive measures to help and protect the community in our area of operation
- Offering as much as possible to local organizations
- Making sure that the unit’s function has a positive impact on the community and any negative impacts that come to our attention are eliminated
We believe that our vitality depends on our community’s vitality and because of this we are committed to give back to the community as much as possible and provide our community with help, whenever needed.
We strongly believe in equal opportunities and fair treatment of all employees. As a fair-treatment employer, we do not tolerate discrimination and harassment of any kind and aim to provide an environment which is healthy and compatible with current legal requirements.
We are committed to:
- • Provide our employees with excellent working conditions
- • Recognize our responsibilities towards our employees and act upon them
- • Provide all our employees with adequate training and knowledge
- • Provide all our new employees with adequate training upon commencement of their employment
We constantly motivate our employees in becoming better as individuals and as professionals and we make sure to grant them with the opportunity to achieve their professional goals. All our employees are considered equally for promotion and are constantly encouraged to develop their skills and broaden their knowledge.
We are committed to provide our employees with training and adequate knowledge and records are kept as a guide for their ongoing training.
We are committed to provide all employees with all the information regarding their terms of employment through their contracts of employment.
Our employees are assessed yearly with feedback on their work for their continual improvement.
We make sure that employees work within a safe and pleasant environment as we strongly believe that it helps them derive satisfaction from their job, the quality of services is improved and it also serves as a guarantee for our employee’s welfare.
All employee’s policies and actions are administered fairly and equally regardless of age, gender, race, nationality or religious preferences.
ENVIRONMENTAL & QUALITY POLICY
Our hotels recognize both the positive and negative consequences that affect the natural environment from the unit’s function and are committed to implement measures to protect the immediate environment of the hotel, the region and the community.
In particular, the hotel is committed to attain the following objectives:
- 1. Save energy through better availability of energy sources, such as water, electricity and petrol.
- 2. Reduce emissions when handling and disposing solid and liquid waste generated from the operations of the hotel.
- 3. Continually upgrade the environmental consciousness and awareness of the hotel staff.
These objectives are achieved through continuous identification and implementation of environmental management practices and measures to safeguard the environment and awareness of staff, collaborators and our guests and our adherence to the following principles:
Emphasis is given to early identification and planning of operations or activities that are a hazard to the environment, health and safety.
The reduction of risk and protection of the staff, the guests, collaborators and the community is through good quality procedures, equipment, trained staff and action plans.
The success of our goal is only possible through effective information and interactive communication with shareholders, employees, customers, partners and the community.
At regular and frequent intervals, we monitor the performance of our activities, analyse results and take action to improve and redefine the environmental objectives.
The success of this policy is controlled and improved through the provisions included in the Quality Assurance System, Environmental Management and Food Hygiene of the hotel, such as internal audits, corrective actions and preventive training.
The Management of the Hotel affirms the absolute commitment to the implementation and preservation of the system based on the standards of CYS EN ISO 9001:2008. With the implementation of these systems, it will facilitate the hotel to ensure an upward trend and become role models and offer their guests the best service and value for money, which they have paid for.
HEALTH & SAFETY POLICY
This policy shows the company’s and employees’ commitment to identify, evaluate and control all hazards which can cause physical harm, health risks and third-party damage.
The Management of the Hotel declares its absolute commitment to provide and maintain,
We expect visitors and contractors to:
- • a safe working environment
- • safe systems of work
- • plant and substances in safe condition
- • suitable facilities for the welfare of all employees
- • relevant information, instruction, training and supervision needed to ensure the employees overall safety, to avoid injury and risks to their health.
- • take reasonable care of the health and safety of themselves and others
- • comply with any direction given by management for health and safety
- • not misuse or interfere with the implementation of the health & safety policy
- • report all accidents and incidents immediately, no matter how trivial
- • report all known or observed hazards to their Manager or Supervisor
Sustainability Report - 2018